|English Language & Civics Education Online Resource Guide
|National Institute for Literacy
Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS)
Publication date: various
Description: The LINCS Partners maintain the LINCS network as a cutting-edge system by constantly upgrading and refining the system’s technological capacity. Features on LINCS include:
- a national homepage that provides information on materials available through NIFL and other members of the literacy community, national progams, and other major literacy resources.
- links to LINCS regional, state, and local partners
- lists (three per year) of "Hot Sites" accessible through LINCS.
- a special collection of resources on major adult education and literacy related topics, such as Workforce Education, numeracy, and ESL
- numerous topical online discussion lists with archives.
- uniform standards and policies for publishing locally produced materials on the Web, and mechanisms for Web publishing previously unavailable resources.
- five major search functions that permit users to search for information.
- access to full-text materials, including instructional resources for practitioners and learning materials intended for independent use by adult learners.
Hudson River Center for Program Development, Inc